Virginia Distillery Co. Courage & Conviction American Single Malt Whiskey
The late Dr. George G. Moore had a great passion for single malt whisky and his adopted home in Virginia. A native Irishman, George came to the U.S. in the 1970’s to seek new opportunities. In 2011, after many years of building successful businesses in both the U.S. and Ireland, George finally had the chance to combine his two passions when he started Virginia Distillery Company.
Today, George’s wife, Angela Moore, and their son, Gareth Moore, along with his wife, Maggie Moore, have taken the helm to continue building George’s dream. “Have the courage of your convictions” is a saying George often repeated to friends and family. His credo became our core principle and the name of our American Single Malt whisky, Courage & Conviction.
This flagship release of Courage & Conviction is a combination of these three casks (Bourbon casks, Sherry casks and Cuvée wine casks), with a target profile of 50% Bourbon casks, 25% Sherry casks and 25% Cuvée wine casks.
Virginia Distillery Co. Courage & Conviction American Single Malt Whiskey features a honey amber color with aromas of caramel and butterscotch. The palate is full of bright red fruit, raspberry, cocoa, spice and rounds our with rich notes of vanilla. The finish is creamy, rich and exceptionally smooth.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL
- Made with 100% malted barley
- Aged for a minimum of three years in Bourbon, Sherry and Cuvée Casks
- We are one of only a handful of distilleries in the world to use these unique Cuvée casks, a profile developed by the late Dr. Jim Swan
- The hot summers and cool winters of Virginia make this American Single Malt incredibly distinct
- The wildly varied climate allows our whisky to age at a faster rate than our counterparts in Scotland
Virginia Distillery Co. Courage & Conviction American Single Malt Whiskey Notes To Your Senses:
- APPEARANCE: Honey amber
- AROMA: Caramel and butterscotch
- TASTE: Bright red fruit, raspberry, cocoa, barrel spice and vanilla
- FINISH: Creamy and exceptionally smooth
- ABV: 46%