Elma Wine & Liquor is always accepting applications and looking for the next great team member. Please read the general job description below carefully and if interested download the Job Application and submit by email to [email protected] or drop it off in person at the store.
Elma Wine & Liquor is seeking a part time employee to add to our growing operation. We are a retail wine & liquor store located on Bowen Road in Elma. We are looking for someone to work two to four shifts per week, primarily evenings and weekends (we are closed on Sundays!). We pride ourselves on our commitment to customer service and expect any candidate to have an utmost respect and appreciation for our customers. Our hours are 9am-9pm Monday through Saturday, so the closer is still home at a reasonable time and we are only open on Sundays during December so you are always guaranteed at least one weekend day free.
Benefits of the job:
- Lots of physical activity (walking & lifting) is great for those looking to stay in shape!
- Great discount on wine & liquor
- Annual employee wine tasting trip
- Meet lots of fascinating people in a fun work environment
- We are closed on Sundays!
The primary responsibilities of the job are:
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Cashing out, bagging and carrying out customer purchases
- Assisting customers in selecting products
- Answering the phone and providing information
- Opening/closing the store at the beginning/end of the day
- Stocking shelves and setting up store displays
- Cleaning and keeping the store in order
- Completing other tasks that fit your skills as needed
- Workin together with colleagues and take direction from management
- Perform all other reasonable tasks as required by management
The ideal candidate must:
- At least 21 years of age
- Be friendly, eager to please customers, and work well with others
- Be a self-starter and willing to take an initiative and find work to do
- Be responsible, reliable, and trustworthy
- Have a willingness to learn about wine, liquor and sales
- Have the ability to do basic math (adding, calculating discounts, etc.)
- Able to be on your feet for an entire shift (up to 8 hours)
- Be capable of lifting and moving cases of wine and liquor (avg. about 35lbs up to 50lbs)
Additional attributes that would be beneficial, but not required are:
- Knowledge of wine and/or liquor
- Experience in a retail or sales setting
- Knowledge of social media & Ecommerce
We have a great team and are looking to find the ideal person who can fit in and help Elma Wine & Liquor continue to grow and serve our fantastic community of customers. This job would be ideal for a teacher, professional, or stay at home parent looking for an additional source of part time income and a great discount on wine & liquor!
In your reply, please address what makes you interested in this position, your background and experience, at least one professional reference, and a resume if you have one. Please include the phrase “wine is life” at the top of your cover letter so we know you have read this carefully and are a serious applicant. Candidates with the most compelling reasons for wanting to join us will be contacted for follow up interviews by phone or in-person.